Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baby Cotton Buds/Swabs

Experts recommend that we should never use cotton buds(Q-tips) to clean baby’s ears. Earwax is nature’s way of protecting baby’s ear canal and using a cotton bud may push the wax further or damage the ear canal if not careful.
I found these really nice and safe bulb shaped cotton swabs at Anakku. This swab can be used to clean babies and young children’s ears and nose. Perfect for newborns, it can be used to remove visible ear wax without going too far into the ear canal. Great for toddlers too, as it teaches them how to clean their own ears.

3 comments:

aedie azrul said...

wah gd now i dare to try lah..

Anonymous said...

My baby hates it when I clean his nose. He would start to scream when the moment he sees the cotton bud! Also, struggled when I attempted to hold still his face. Sigh. Is there any other ways to clean baby's nose without making him fuss?

As for ears, he'd stay still when I clean it but he's impatient and wanted to get up quick.

mama-octopus said...

Its not easy when they are babies. As babaies, you need to find ways to distract them, like give them a new toy or sing a new song. But as they grow older, they will try to imitate you. My husband sneezes like an old man(really loudly) and cleans his nose like one too. My son finds that amusing and trys to imitate.