Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pressure & lack of love

My gynae has recommended that I take lighter duties at work effective immediately. My blood pressure is high and he does not want me to stress myself out as with pressure like that, I am susceptible to preterm labor.
I still don’t feel any attachment for my twins. I still keep asking myself how I can bring myself to love these babies when I love Mick so much. I just feel guilty. Last night, I slept on the spare bed in the study room as I had bad cough and didn’t want to pass my germs to Mick. In the morning when he woke up, he didn’t say a word, just walked into the study room, carried my blanket and pillow back to my room. Then he said, “I will take care of you, don’t sleep on another bed”. Awwww…I was so touched, and felt even guiltier that in about 10 weeks, I will be dividing my attention to 3 kids.
Mick has always been the center of attention as he is the only grandchild on both sides of the family. Now, with the twins on the way, I am very sure he will be feeling left out. Firstly, the twins will be getting a lot of attention for just being twins, second, he will not be the only grandchild anymore.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

You are not the only one, I have the same thought too. I hv only 1 daughter and although i dont plan to have no.2, i always think and amazed by other mothers of 2, 3, 4....

Damien said...

I sort of can feel the touch by Mick's words. But I also know I won't understand it all before I got a child of my own.

That will be a while from now :)